Dec 4, 2012

Showbiz: James Arthur: The X Factor saved me from the brink of suicide

Showbiz
Showbiz
James Arthur: The X Factor saved me from the brink of suicide
Dec 4th 2012, 16:45

X Factor favourite James Arthur has opened up about his battle with depression and how Nicole Scherzinger saved him from almost ending it all.

James Arthur and Nicole Scherzinger
X Factor finalist James Arthur is happy to admit Nicole Scherzinger helped save him from depression (Picture: PA)

The 24-year-old told Look magazine: 'This time last year was the darkest point of my life. I cut myself off from everyone and I was in a bad place. I could see it all spiralling and I felt like I couldn't go on like that.

'I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I was really worried [because] I felt ready to give up on life. I didn't want to jump off a building, but who knows how bad it could have got?'

With things on the up after securing himself a place in the X Factor final this weekend with the help of his mentor Nicole, the ladies' man also boasted about his passionate love-making skills.

'I'm a great lover. When I've got a girlfriend I like to be with them as much as possible and I'm very affectionate. It's all about respect. I'm not going to treat a woman like a piece of meat.'

To read the interview with James Arthur in full see the new issue of LOOK magazine, out now.

MORE: Vote for your Metro Celebrity Of The Year 2012

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: