Sep 29, 2012

Showbiz: David Walliams reveals he had 'gay experiences' as a child

Showbiz
Showbiz
David Walliams reveals he had 'gay experiences' as a child
Sep 29th 2012, 18:08

David Walliams, who endured years of speculation about his sexuality, has now admitted he had 'gay experiences' as a child.

The Little Britain star finally ended the rumours when he married Dutch model Lara Stone in 2010.

David Walliams has decided to tell all about his sexual experiences (PA)
David Walliams has decided to tell all about his sexual experiences (PA)

However, his forthcoming autobiography, Camp David, will reveal he had some doubts about his sexuality when he was young.

Walliams told the Sun: 'I guess I'm just very honest about my sexuality. I had gay experiences as a child and remember being very confused about that.'

He added: 'I'm glad I talked honestly about my childhood sexual awakening because I think there's plenty of other people out there who will be reading it and say, "That's quite normal, that happened to me. It confused me too".'

Walliams also admitted he had not been bothered by the speculation about his private life, as he could understand why some people may have thought he was gay.

'I know there is fascination with me because I'm camp, yet over the years I've been connected to some very beautiful women,' he said.

'I've married a supermodel yet there I am on Britain's Got Talent with Simon Cowell, camping it up.'

The book, which will be released on October 11th, also details his difficult relationship with his father and the tensions with his Little Britain co-star Matt Lucas.

Walliams is not expecting it to top the best-seller list, as Cheryl Cole's life story is set to be published around the same time.

'If only I'd married Ashley Cole, I too could have a big-selling book,' he joked. 

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: