Sep 27, 2012

Showbiz: Robbie Hance reveals The X Factor bosses 'refused him money for food'

Showbiz
Showbiz
Robbie Hance reveals The X Factor bosses 'refused him money for food'
Sep 27th 2012, 10:01

Homeless The X Factor contestant Robbie Hance has revealed that show bosses refused to give him £15 to pay for some food.

X Factor, Robbie Hance
Robbie Hance wowed The X Factor judges with his first audition, but he now says the show refused him food and shelter (Picture: ITV)

Robbie wowed the judging panel with his acoustic rendition of Damien Rice's Coconut Skins, but he was less than impressed with their lack of assistance when he asked the show for a meal or a cheap place to stay the night.

The X Factor hopeful was told that they couldn't give him money or a room or they will be accused of favouritism towards him, despite his pleas that he had been sleeping rough.

'I was freezing and malnourished,' he said. 'I had been sleeping in parks and building sites and living on half a sandwich a day from one of the charity centres.

'I asked for £15 but I'd have taken anything for food. But my key worker - assigned before my first filmed audition - told me she couldn't help because it wouldn't be fair on the other contestants on the show.

'She said it would be favouritism.'

Hance went on to say that they ignored his claims of being on the verge of death from not eating properly and sleeping on the streets.

VIDEO: Watch Robbie Hance's audition on The X Factor


'I said "If you don't help me now, I won't make it to boot camp in Liverpool – I'll be dead." The answer was still no.'

Adding that he felt the only reason he made it to boot camp was because he told producers he was homeless, Robbie spoke about the voices in his head that told him he wasn't good enough to be a popstar.

He told The Sun: 'In the four weeks between my audition and boot camp, my brain battered me about whether I should go back when someone else might deserve my place more.'

Hance is now back in London and is still on the streets.

A spokesman for ITV1 told the newspaper: 'The welfare of the contestants is always our priority.'


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: