Jun 27, 2012

Showbiz: Katy Perry: Russell Brand felt threatened by me and my career

Showbiz
Showbiz
Katy Perry: Russell Brand felt threatened by me and my career
Jun 27th 2012, 19:20

Katy Perry has implied that she believes her ex-husband Russell Brand had 'weird motives' during their marriage and that he felt threatened by her career.

Katy Perry
Reel pop: Katy Perry in a movie-themed dress at her film's premiere in Hollywood (Picture: Reuters)

The US pop babe ramped up the tension as she spoke at the premiere of her film Katy Perry: Part Of Me, which charts the year of her heartbreak and hellish tour schedule.

Turning cynical about the 14-month marriage, the Wide Awake singer hinted she was made to choose between being a pop star and a wife.

'I thought when I find that person that's going to be my life partner, I won't ever have to choose. They won't be threatened or have weird motives". Then I started to realise, that's not true,' she said at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

Despite her growing doubts about life with the British comic, Katy maintains she fought to the bitter end to make it work.

The 27-year-old said: 'I have that same belief system with everything.And I did everything it took, but it still failed.'

Airing emotional scenes that show her blubbing over the marriage split, Perry defended her decision to air her dirty laundry on screen.

She said: 'I think if you were to see the movie and it was completely avoided, you'd think, "Hmm that's strange, I know something else happened in her life last year".

'So I wanted to handle it delicately and show, I'm going through the same situation that half of America goes through and somehow I landed on my feet, so you don't have to lie down.'

Brand, 37, previously said he thought the marriage 'did work out'.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: