Nov 27, 2012

Showbiz: Rihanna admits she feared new album Unapologetic might flop

Showbiz
Showbiz
Rihanna admits she feared new album Unapologetic might flop
Nov 27th 2012, 18:00

Rihanna has revealed she initially feared her new album Unapologetic might flop because she rushed it.

Rihanna, The X Factor
Rihanna had feared her seventh album in as many years may not be up to scratch (Picture: ITV/Rex)

Speaking to Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw after her X Factor gig on Sunday, tardy RiRi explained she's a woman under pressure.

Fresh from her chaotic 777 air tour, the 'exhausted' Bajan beauty told Grimmy: 'When I was making the album, it was hard, man, I'm not gonna lie. I got really freaked out when we pulled the trigger with our single and I was like "this album needs to be just as great and I don't feel like I have enough time".

'I wasn't gonna put it out if it wasn't great or perfect, so I was getting really worried. We would have had a song floating out there without an album.'

The perfectionist also defended her lack of contact with journalists invited on board her tour plane – after one bored DJ resorted to streaking to give them something to write about.

'I had seven countries and seven shows and I had to save my voice so I didn't go crazy,' the 24-year-old said.

MORE: Vote for your Metro Celebrity Of The Year 2012

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: