Aug 28, 2012

Showbiz: Sarah Harding: I've learnt a lot about drinking too much but I'm not teetotal

Showbiz
Showbiz
Sarah Harding: I've learnt a lot about drinking too much but I'm not teetotal
Aug 27th 2012, 21:27

Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding says she's still allowed to sip from the devil's cup despite her 'destructive' battle with booze.

Sarah Harding, Hello!
Sarah Harding is looking onwards and upwards (Picture: Hello!)

The singer plans to pour her woes about rehab to treat depression and alcoholism into a solo album later this year.

'I never said that I would be teetotal,' said the blonde. 'And I do still do enjoy a glass of wine socially with dinner or when I'm out with friends. I have reined it right in and the treatment I've had has helped me see being destructive is not the answer.'

Now the 30-year-old singleton says she knows when it's safe to enjoy a little vino.

She told Hello! magazine: 'I am very careful about when I drink and what my mood is like because I've learned so much about alcohol and depression.'

The Call The Shots singer said she was derailed by her split from DJ Tom Crane before she checked in for help last October.

Hello! magazine
Read Sarah's full interview inside this week's Hello! magazine, out now

'I went through a break-up with a man I'd been with for five years and who I planned to marry and start a family with and it was horrendous,' she said.

'I hit rock bottom and went off the rails. I needed to find myself again and I really feel I've done that and turned a corner. I finally feel I'm in a really good place in my life.'

Now her troubled tale will come out in a solo album to coincide with Girls Aloud's comeback later this year.

The reformed party animal revealed: 'I've been writing on and off for a few years but obviously I've been more inspired recently because I've been on such a rollercoaster ride.'

Read the full interview in Hello!, out now.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: