Oct 30, 2012

Showbiz: Lady Gaga hits out at Calvin Harris on Twitter for refusing to work with her

Showbiz
Showbiz
Lady Gaga hits out at Calvin Harris on Twitter for refusing to work with her
Oct 30th 2012, 12:09

Lady Gaga has hit out at Calvin Harris on Twitter after the Scottish DJ surprisingly turned down her request to collaborate on a track.

Lady GaGa
Lady Gaga was furious Calvin Harris revealed he'd turned her down in 2008 (Picture: Getty)
Calvin Harris
The DJ was busy with Dizzee Rascal when Gaga's team approached him (Picture: Getty)

The Born This Way hitmaker was riled when Harris told BBC Breakfast yesterday that he had turned her down on.

Harris said Gaga's team approached him in 2008, asking whether he could help out with some of her album tracks.

The DJ admitted he snubbed the proposition because he was not fond of her vocals or the songs and was working with Dizzee Rascal at the time.

'You've got to pick people whose songs or voice you like. I didn't like the songs... they didn't send me any of the big songs,' he said.

Asked whether he regretted turning the US superstar down, he added: 'No, no, no.'

However, Gaga didn't take his admission too kindly.

She tweeted: 'Never even emailed you @calvinharris I guess it's hard to believe I write + produce my music. cuz I'm a woman I don't know about EDM right?'

The dance star quipped back: '@ladygaga no your label emailed me. I always make sure I say Im a fan when asked about it, I apologise if I offended u, wasn't the intention.'

Gaga replied: '@CalvinHarris thanks for the apology &explaining. My apologies too. Congratulations on your album. Wish you well. Cheers.'

The fleeting spat then saw Harris inundated with scathing messages from Gaga's trusty Little Monsters.

'Jeez you turn down one remix in 2008 and next thing the whole world's on your back,' he said, adding: 'The illuminati's after me lol. Never mind I'll just keep making tracks.'

VIDEO: Check out Calvin Harris' new song Sweet Nothing ft. Florence Welch

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments: